My absence can be explained by the simple fact that everything I've baked has been so delicious that it has been gobbled up by a black hole before I even had a chance to snap one picture...
Rather a more plausible explanation is that I didn't have the time to post what I've been baking lately, not that I've been making anything too exciting. I've been taking pleasure in making simple and easy foods. My sweet tooth has been indulged with sliced fruit atop coconut milk ice cream and the occasional chocolate. Boring, I know but there is something to be said by simple comforts.
Hopefully this recipe makes up for my absence: Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes. Excitement.
The cupcakes are uber cute and really delicious, perfect for a child's birthday party. The frosting is my favorite part, it would be perfect to dip fresh strawberries in.
(Yields about 15; Recipe courtesy of: Crustabakes)
1 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1/4 TS salt
4 TB (heaping) cocoa
2 sticks butter
1 c. boiling water
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 whole beaten eggs
1 TS baking soda
1 TS vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add cocoa. Stir together.
4. Add boiling water, allow mixture to boil for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.
5. In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
White Chocolate Ganache:
8 ounces whipping cream
8 ounces melted white chocolate, cooled
1. Double boil white chocolate till it fully melts, set aside to cool slightly
2. Whip the whipping cream to soft peaks. Drizzle in the cooled melted white chocolate, and whip to firm peaks (You want this to be of pipe-able consistency)
Pipe frosting atop cooled cupcakes. Add a dollop of melted fudge and top with rainbow sprinkles and a maraschino cherry.